Acting in the capacity of the German National Library of Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature. The services we offer in our capacity as a University Library ensure that Leibniz Universität Hannover is provided with items locally.
As part of the EUPS project funded by Horizon 2020, we aim to develop an enhanced unified playout service for audiovisual media on the Europeana.eu cultural heritage platform. The aim of the project is to offer cultural heritage institutions a way to play back AV media that is consistent, has a user-friendly design and enables cross-border reusability and innovative interaction with the material.
The successful applicant will work in an international and highly motivated team of interdisciplinary scientists and developers. In order to offer simple yet highly engaging user experiences he or she will be responsible for a number of actions regarding the evaluation of end-user needs from 3 different target groups (research, education and citizens using Europeana Collections).
Subject to the final approval by the third-party funding provider, the Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology – Program Area C, Research and Development, is looking to employ a
Project Manager User Research/UX Studies (E 13 TV-L)
to start as soon as possible. The position is limited to a fixed term of 18 months. The working week is 39.8 hours (full-time); the position is only partially suitable for part-time work.
- Leading (international) user, usability and UX research studies including moderation of usability tests with eye tracking, contextual interviews, focus groups etc.
- Evaluation and interpretation of data, creation of reports and development of recommendations including wireframes for system improvement
- Community building and Exploitation
- University degree (Master or equivalent) preferably in information sciences, information management, social sciences or related fields
- Practical experience in qualitative and quantitative methods (UX Research and Evaluation) and in the evaluation and interpretation of data
- Experience in conceptualizing ideas, creating wireframes and clickable prototypes
- Strong customer orientation, execute effectively, and deliver high quality work against tight deadlines in an international team
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; proficiency in German is a plus
- Willingness to business trips
Interested candidates may call Ms. Plank (team leader lab non-textual materials) on +49 511 762 4884 or send an email to margret.planktibeu to find out more about the area of work.
TIB provides ideal working conditions, and continuously takes action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Complete applications should be send with the subject 23/2018 before 5 July 2018 to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
Please submit your electronic application in PDF format as a single merged file to bewerbungtibeu.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned.
Application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.