As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research in science and industry. Our services as a university library secure the local supply for the Leibniz University Hannover.
The Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology - Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) Program Area C, Research and Development is looking to employ a
Grant Manager (m/f/d)
to join the Learning and Skills Analytics research group (Dr. Gábor Kismihók) at the earliest possible opportunity.
The position is initially limited to 4 years. The regular weekly working time is 19.9 hours (part-time, 50%). The remuneration is based on pay scale group 13 TV-L.
Your tasks will focus on
The main task of the Grant Manager will be to manage a 4 years long COST Action on Researcher Mental Health. The successful applicant will be a member of an international team and liaising between the COST action members, the grant holder (TIB) and the funding body (COST).
The candidate’s competence area should be rooted in the area of managing European Commission funded research projects, but substantial experience in research is also essential. He or she should be able to think creatively, have solid (academic) writing skills, grasp new knowledge quickly, be able to combine abstract reasoning with concrete problem solving skills and be interested in tackling complex challenges.
The following qualifications are mandatory:
- Successfully completed university degree (Master’s degree, university diploma or equivalent) in Engineering or a related field of study
- PhD degree with demonstrable interest and track record in the area of grant management and research policy
- Proficiency in English and German both written and spoken
- High levels of accuracy and attention
- Excellent organisational skills
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills within a multi-national context, including diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Outstanding in time management including setting priorities
- Able to work autonomously and proactively
- Customer-oriented, Action-oriented, responsible and self-managed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and inclination to work with new platforms
- Technical skills: implies an understanding of, and proficiency in, a specific kind of activity, particularly one involving methods, processes, procedures
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making as well as well-developed analytical skills, creativity, precision and perseverance
- Ability to maintain in-depth knowledge of COST Association
- Experience with online, adaptive educational systems and user interface design
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Willingness to go on business trips
What we offer
We provide a scientifically and intellectually inspiring environment with an entrepreneurial mindset embedded in a leading technical university and one of the largest technical information centres being part of the Leibniz Association.
Furthermore, we offer
- Financing of business trips, the necessary technical equipment and conference and research stays
- Candidates will work in the context of an international research and innovation project
- A modern workplace in a central location of Hanover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment
- Flexible working hours (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life, such as mobile work, home office and remote work
- An employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL)
- Discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover
- A job in the public service with a salary in pay scale group 13 TV-L according to the provisions of the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TV-L)
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to Dr. Gábor Kismihók, head of the Learning and Skills Analytics research group, by mail at Gabor.Kismihoktibeu.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application.
Paper applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your complete application documents with the subject 55/2020 before October 27, 2020 addressed to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
or alternatively as a single PDF document file to Bewerbungtibeu. For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is with around 550 employees one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
- Acting in the capacity of the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature.
- Carrying out cutting edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology
- Offer library services for the Leibniz University Hannover.
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions, and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
Diese Stellenausschreibung als PDF ansehen.