How does it work?
Would you like to order media and articles that are not available at TIB? Then you can request an interlibrary loan. To do this, please note the following:
- You will need an interlibrary loan account. Please ask a member of staff at the Circulation Desk to set up an interlibrary loan account for you.
- Please pay the fees onto your interlibrary loan account. Only then will the interlibrary loan be possible. It costs € 1.50 for each request.
- Submit your interlibrary loan request online via the Gemeinsamer Verbundkatalog (GVK Union Catalogue).
- To gain access to all GBV databases and interlibrary loan, please log in on the GVK homepage using the "Login" button with the number of your library card and the password of your interlibrary loan account. Further information on interlibrary loans can be found on the GBV website.
- The media you have requested will be sent to the specified site.
- You will be sent an e-mail as soon as the media are ready for collection.
- The loan period is determined by the library that owns the media; it cannot be extended.
- After use, you can return any media procured for you via interlibrary loan to any TIB site.
If we are unable to meet your request in this country, we can also procure the item for you via international interlibrary lending on request. Staff at the Information Desk will be able to advise you on how to search and request items.
Information TIB Technik/Naturwissenschaften
Our Information Desk is available from Mondays to Fridays between 9:00 and 20:00 and Saturdays between 9:00 and 14:00.
Phone: +49 511 762-2268
Address: Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB), Welfengarten 1 B, 30167 Hannover