- The loan period is usually four weeks. Shorter loan periods apply for some media.
- Longer loan periods apply for users with a severe disability of over 50 per cent. For more information, please contact a member of staff at the Circulation Desk.
Extending the loan period
- Loan periods can be extended via your user account for a maximum of six times. Due dates can be extended Alternatively, you can call or send an e-mail to request an extension.
- Loan periods for reserved media, short-term loans and media procured via interlibrary loan cannot be extended.
- Items can be returned to any TIB site and to a number of other libraries in Hannover.
- Media borrowed from TIB via interlibrary loan can only be returned to the TIB sites.
- Media that are considered short-term loans can only be returned to the site where they were obtained.
What should I do if an item is overdue?
If an item is overdue, a fee-based reminder will be sent. The fine is determined by the Rules relating to Fees. If possible, you should extend the loan period for overdue media in order to avoid further reminders being issued. If the media cannot be renewed, be sure to return the overdue media at once so as to avoid further reminders being issued or being banned from borrowoing any further items. Please also refer to the information and the legal remedy instructions (PDF) concerning the overdue procedures.
You can pay the overdue fines at the circulation desk or transfer the amount due to the following account:
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB), IBAN DE57250500000106027634, BIC NOLADE2H, Bank: Nord/LB Hannover.
As a reference, please state "Bibliotheksgebühr" (library fine) and the number of your library card.
What should I do if I have lost a book?
If you have lost a medium that you borrowed from the library, please notify the library site where you obtained it from immediately so that no overdue fines are incurred. Together, we will discuss what action should be taken.