The library card is your key to using the TIB on site. It combines several functions in a single card and only with it is the use of the library on site permitted.
Step 1: Register
Step 2: Collect your library card in person
In order to do this, take your identity card or a passport with a certificate of registration from the regulatory agency to one of the library sites.
- Webinar for new users of the library (in german only)
- Webinar: How do I find books and articles for my subject area in the TIB-Portal? (in german only)
How much does a library card cost and how long is it valid?
The fee for a library card is €5, it is valid for two years and can then be renewed free of charge.
You already have a library card that you would like to use at the TIB?
If you would like to use the TIB with a library card from another HOBSY library or with the LeibnizCard from LUH, please present it at the registration desk and ask for advice about the possibilities. This is often possible free of charge.
What functions does the card offer?
- borrow items
- gain online access to media available electronically
- use the cloakroom compartments and 24-hour lockers
- participate in university sports and
- use all Hannover Online Library System (HOBSY) libraries.
Are you under 18?
If you have not yet turned 18 and wish to collect your library card, you must
- bring a parent or legal guardian with you
- submit the declaration of consent (PDF), printed out and completed, that is required for registration. Please observe the information given on the form.
When collecting your library card, it is essential that you present a valid ID card or a valid passport with certificate of registration for yourself and for your parent or legal guardian.
What should you do if you have lost your library card?
Please contact the library as soon as possible, we can block the library card.