Corona virus: Access only with medical mouth-nose protection, limited access to reading rooms
Please respect the known hygiene rules and prevent long stays in the library!
Do you have any questions about the library and the services it offers? Would you like to find out more about how to go about using books and journal articles? Or do you require assistance in the search for an item? We'll be happy to help. Simply contact a member of staff at the Information Desk at any of the sites during service times. They will provide support in all matters concerning the use of the library. You can contact us also at any time, by e-mail or telephone.
Due to the current situation, personal consultations on site are currently only possible to a limited extent. However, we will be happy to advise you online via our video conferencing software.
Send us an email to make an appointment. Please tell us your field of study/topic and describe your needs in more detail. This will enable us to prepare for the meeting in the best possible way. You will then receive an invitation to the consultation with the required access data. Contact us, we are looking forward to meeting you!
- TIB Conti Campus: information.conti-campustibeu
- TIB Social Sciences: information.sowitibeu
- TIB Science/Technology: informationtibeu
For detailed or special requests for advice on scientific work and publishing, you can book consultation times via our service offer TIBgefragt (currently available exclusively online or by phone).
- We will help you to register with the TIB Portal and show you how to obtain a library card.
- We offer a variety of introductory events.
Are you unable to find what you need?
- We'll advise you on how to use the TIB-Portal
- We'll provide tips on using regional and transregional catalogues to search for items
- We'll show you how to make an interlibrary loan request if the media items you require are unavailable in Hannover
- Subject gateways and specialised departments: Subject gateways offer a compilation of subject-specific search options. Our subject specialists will provide advice when complex thematic searches are involved, i.e. in preparation for a Bachelor or Master’s thesis. Please arrange an appointment if you require detailed or specific advice.
Do you require technical support?
- We provide advice on how to use our computer workstations and the technical infrastructure, and on how to print and copy documents.
- We offer advice and assistance on how to access Leibniz Universität Hannover’s identity management, Stud.IP, the university’s wireless LAN and how to use Eduroam.
Do you need assistance in producing scientific work?
- We offer an extensive range of courses on a variety of topics relating to producing scientific work.
- The Team Academic Writing at ZQS/ Centre for Quality Enhancement in Teaching and Learning offers advice for people who want to write a academic paper.
- Native German speakers wishing to produce scientific work can obtain advice from the Writing Workshop. A consultation hour is held weekly.
- The International Writing Team/InterWRITE provides support for international students and writing projects in German or English as a second/foreign language.
Other information points at Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Leibniz Universität Hannover ServiceCenter, located in the atrium, provides its students with all kinds of useful information.
- Information about notebook hire, complex wireless LAN problems, and software licences can be obtained from the IT Service Desk of Leibniz Universität IT Services (LUIS).
- The eLearning Service Department (elsa) is available if you have any questions about Stud.IP or eLearning.