Information and advice
We're there to answer your questions
Do you have any questions about the library and the services it offers? Would you like to find out more about how to go about using books and journal articles? Or do you require assistance in the search for an item? We'll be happy to help. Simply contact a member of staff at the Information Desk at any of the sites during service times. They will provide support in all matters concerning the use of the library.
Would you like to contact us directly?
Contact us - by email, phone, post or fax.
Are you new to the library?
- We will help you to register with the TIB Portal and show you how to obtain a library card.
- We offer a variety of introductory events.
Are you unable to find what you need?
- We'll advise you on how to use the TIB Portal
- We'll provide tips on using regional and transregional catalogues to search for items
- We'll show you how to make an interlibrary loan request if the media items you require are unavailable in Hannover
- Subject gateways: A compilation of subject-specific search options
- Specialised departments: Our subject specialists will provide advice when complex thematic searches are involved, i.e. in preparation for a Bachelor or Master’s thesis. Please arrange an appointment if you require detailed or specific advice.
Do you require technical support?
- We provide advice on how to use our computer workstations and the technical infrastructure, and on how to print and copy documents.
- We offer advice and assistance on how to access Leibniz Universität Hannover’s identity management, Stud.IP, the university’s wireless LAN and how to use Eduroam.
Do you need assistance in producing scientific work?
- We offer an extensive range of courses on a variety of topics relating to producing scientific work.
- Native German speakers wishing to produce scientific work can obtain advice from the Writing Workshop. A consultation hour is held weekly.
- The Centre for Applied Linguistics and Special Languages (FSZ) at Leibniz Universität Hannover offers advice to those wishing to produce scientific work in a foreign language at the Multilingual Writing Centre.
Other information points at Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Leibniz Universität Hannover ServiceCenter, located in the atrium, provides its students with all kinds of useful information.
- Information about notebook hire, complex wireless LAN problems, and software licences can be obtained from the IT Service Desk of Leibniz Universität IT Services (LUIS).
- The eLearning Service Department (elsa) is available if you have any questions about Stud.IP or eLearning.