Keep track of your references
Reference management programmes are ideal for helping you to collect and manage bibliographic information easily. They enable you to export title data from specialist databases and library catalogues, insert literature citations into your own work, and automatically create a reference list.
Say adieu to total paper chaos, lost citations and painstakingly created bibliographies!
Leibniz Universität Hannover has purchased a campus licence for Citavi, and enables its members to use the licensed literature management programme for free.
- Download the installation file for Citavi Free.
- Use your LUH email address to register for a Citavi account
- You will find your licence data – and information about how to enter it in Citavi – in your Citavi account .
- Download the TIB settings file. The settings file contains certain default settings for Citavi, which will make it easier for you to conduct searches and location searches.
Step-by-step instructions are given in the Citavi manual.
Citavi consultation hour
Would you like to work with Citavi, but have a number of questions about how to install or use it? Every Thursday from 14:00 to 15:00, we offer a Citavi consultation hour at the TIB Technik/Naturwissenschaften (Science/Technology) site Information Desk. Feel free to send your questions in advance by email to: information.tech-nattibeu.
Citavi Basic Workshop
This workshop is offered on a regular basis. During the workshop, short lectures and practical exercises will help you gain an overview of the basic functions offered by the reference management programme Citavi. Mehr
Zotero is a user-friendly, platform-independent reference management program that you can use for free on your personal PC, notebook or tablet.
Zotero Basic Workshop
In our Zotero Basic Workshop you’ll get to know the basic functions of Zotero. More
Other reference management programmes
The University Library of Technische Universität München provides a comparison of various reference management programmes. You can find the latest information about software and services concerning individual reference and knowledge organisation on the information and communication platform Reference Management.
The tools listed below are available free of charge, and can be used on all operating systems:
- BibSonomy - for managing scientific publications and bookmarks
- CiteULike - for maintaining lists of references individually or in groups, and discovering literature items
- Mendeley - for managing, commenting on and citing PDF files offline and online, also with BibTeX
- BibTeX - BibTeX information provided by Constance University Library