Some 1,100 reading desks are available at this site. It is the busiest study environment of Leibniz Universität Hannover and the only library site that opens on Sundays. In the reading rooms, items are shelved by classification, most of which can be accessed directly and borrowed. The remaining collections are kept in closed stacks. Orders for items can be placed via the TIB Portal using the search setting "TIB for Leibniz Universität Hannover".
What can be found where?
- Economics Reading Room and European Documentation Centre (EDZ) (1st floor)
- Educational Science, Law and Economics Journals Reading Room (2nd floor)
- Law Reading Room (3rd floor)
- Literature and Linguistics Reading Room (4th floor)
- Educational Science Reading Room with Subject Didactics, Psychology and Sports Science (5th floor)
- 1,100 reading desks over six storeys
- Computer workstations with two types of equipment
- Printing, copying and scanning devices on all floors as well as an overhead scanner and a reader printer for microforms on the ground floor
- Group study rooms on the 1st, 3rd and 4th floors, group working areas with an interactive whiteboard on the ground floor
- Family study room on the 1st floor
- Workstation for the blind and visually impaired on the ground floor
- 24-hour lockers in all reading rooms
- Cloakroom facilities in the foyer on the ground floor