Monday to Friday 08:00-22:00
Patents and Standards Reading Room:
closed until further notice
Information desk, as well as registration and cashier's desk, are open Monday to Friday from 09:00-20:00 and Saturday from 09:00-14:00.
Phone: +49 511 762 2268
Phone: +49 511 762 3376
Welfengarten 1 B, 30167 Hannover
Here you will find items of relevance for studying technical or science subjects. In the reading rooms, propadeutic literature is shelved by classification; virtually all books may be borrowed. The remaining collections are kept in closed stacks. Orders for items can be placed via the TIB Portal.
What can be found where?
- Engineering subjects in the Small Reading Room
- Science disciplines, life sciences, architecture, information technology and earth sciences on two levels in the Large Reading Room
- Textbook collection on the gallery and in Group Study Room 3
- Reference books, dictionaries and scientific writing guides in the Room Reference books and specialist departments (Nachschlagewerke/Fachreferate)
- Patents and Standards in a dedicated Reading Room with different opening hours
- 450 workstations
- Computer workstations with two types of equipment
- Document scanner
- 3 group study rooms and an interactive whiteboard in Group Study Room 1
- 6 large monitors that can be connected to your notebook for shared learning, in Group Study Rooms 1 and 2
- 24-hour lockers in all group study rooms
- 11 study cubicles in the reading rooms
- Baby feeding and nappy changing rooms
- Cloakroom facilities in the foyer