Here you will find items of relevance for studying technical or science subjects. In the reading rooms, propadeutic literature is shelved by classification; virtually all books may be borrowed. The remaining collections are kept in closed stacks. Orders for items can be placed via the TIB Portal using the search setting "TIB for Leibniz Universität Hannover".
What can be found where?
- Engineering subjects in the Small Reading Room
- Science disciplines, life sciences, architecture, information technology and earth sciences on two levels in the Large Reading Room
- Textbook collection on the gallery and in Group Study Room 3
- Reference books, dictionaries and scientific writing guides in the Room Reference books and specialist departments (Nachschlagewerke/Fachreferate)
- Patents and Standards in a dedicated Reading Room with different opening hours
- 440 workstations
- Computer workstations with two types of equipment
- Printing, copying and scanning devices as well as a reader printer for microforms
- 3 group study rooms and an interactive whiteboard in Group Study Room 1
- 6 large monitors that can be connected to your notebook for shared learning, in Group Study Rooms 1 and 2
- 24-hour lockers in all group study rooms
- 11 study cubicles in the reading rooms
- Baby feeding and nappy changing rooms
- Cloakroom facilities in the foyer