We offer you a personal consultation on your individual topic. Our experts in the library will answer your questions in detail and free of charge in approx. 30-minute sessions. Make an uncomplicated appointment and come by.
Important notice: Due to the current situation, personal consultations on site are unfortunately not possible at the moment. We will be happy to advise you virtually or by telephone. If you have individual questions, please contact our experts by email or use the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Digital preservation deals with the question of how files can be preserved and kept readable in the long term in view of changing software and hardware. The data carriers are not indefinitely durable, software disappears from the market, files can no longer be opened and notebooks no longer have CD drives - how is that supposed to work? And what do I do with my CDs now
Further services of the TIB
Digital preservation at TIB
- Fri, 08/06/21 11:00 - 11:30
- Fri, 09/03/21 11:00 - 11:30
- Fri, 10/01/21 11:00 - 11:30
We Consult You
Franziska Schwab advises on general questions concerning digital long-term archiving, long-term archiving processes and the preparation of data for digital long-term archiving. She is a preservation analyst in digital preservation team of the TIB and responsible for the transfer of data, certification procedures and process documentation.
Phone: 0511 762-19073
- Select your topic from the overview.
- Choose a date and make a binding registration. Please enter more detailed information on your question here so that we can prepare ourselves optimally for the appointment.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail and the appointment is booked for you.
No date found? Or is the appropriate topic not included?
Get in touch with us.