We offer you a personal consultation on your individual topic. Our experts in the library will answer your questions in detail and free of charge in approx. 30-minute sessions. Make an uncomplicated appointment and come by.
Important notice: Due to the current situation, personal consultations on site are unfortunately not possible at the moment. We will be happy to advise you virtually or by telephone. If you have individual questions, please contact our experts by email or use the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Publishing research data
In a research project, data is always generated and usually processed and interpreted for the presentation of new findings for a scientific article. With the growing importance of these often digital data, the requirements of scientific publishers and research sponsors are also increasing, bydemanding the publication of this data (e.g. raw data, secondary data) together with or in addition to the scientific article.
Depending on the project and research area, this this might be callenging for researchers, starting with the appropriate preparation of the data for publication, the generation of appropriate metadata, the search and selection of the appropriate repository, and the determination of a suitable (post-use) license for the research data.
We support you in order to prepare your data for re-use in the best possible way and thus expand your scientific profile not only through a traditional scientific publication, but also through the published research data.
- Overview of requirements for research data publications
- Prepare data for publication: How should the data be structured? Which subject-specific requirements have to be considered? Which metadata must be collected?
- Publish data: Which repositories exist and how can I find the right one for my data publication?
Use data subsequently: Which (re-use) licence for research data is available? Which one is suitable for my data?
Further services of the TIB
- Mon, 08/23/21 10:00 - 10:30
- Mon, 09/27/21 10:00 - 10:30
We Consult You
Dr. Janna Neumann
Janna Neumann studied chemistry at the University of Hamburg and received her doctorate in organic chemistry. After postgraduate studies in information science and library science, she is responsible for consulting on all aspects of scientific work and research in this field.
She also advises on all aspects of research data management and the handling of research data in the scientific research process.
Phone: 0511 762-3420
- Select your topic from the overview.
- Choose a date and make a binding registration. Please enter more detailed information on your question here so that we can prepare ourselves optimally for the appointment.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail and the appointment is booked for you.
No date found? Or is the appropriate topic not included?
Get in touch with us.