Publishing AV media
The TIB AV Portal, provided by TIB, is a web-based platform for quality-tested scientific videos from the realms of science and technology. The portal contains audiovisual (AV) media from science and teaching on the subjects of engineering, architecture, chemistry, information technology, mathematics and physics.
What types of video related to these subjects are collected?
- Recordings of conference presentations, conferences, colloquia, panel discussions and other scientific lectures, talks and discussions
- Recordings of experiments from the area of research and development, presentation of technologies and practices of outstanding scientific importance
- Microscopic images, images taken using special cameras (such as thermal cameras) and other imaging techniques
- Documentation and presentation of research work and results
- Models, simulations and presentations of specialised software for certain scientific purposes
- Presentations of 3D models (such as architectural models) on film
- eLearning material such as online tutorials, massive open online courses (MOOCs), teaching experiments and experiments for private study
What are the advantages of publishing in the TIB|AV Portal?
- Your videos are visible on an interregional and interinstitutional basis, and easily available for research purposes.
- Your videos will be available to education and science on a long-term basis.
- The videos you make available will be:
- published legally securely,
- evaluated for quality,
- indexed according to international standards down to the segment level,
- analysed by speech-to-text (text spoken in the video can be searched),
- allocated a clear citation link (digital object identifier (DOI)) and digitally preserved, if applicable,
- allocated an 'embed code' to enable the video to be embedded on other websites,
- linked to other research information (for example full texts and research data).
We will be happy to help you publish your AV media in the TIB AV Portal. If you have any questions, please give us a call or send us an email.