At the TIB Technik/Naturwissenschaften (Science/Technology), TIB Sozialwissenschaften (Social Sciences) and TIB Conti-Campus sites, lending and returning items (Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 15:00) and registration (Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00) is possible. The reading rooms at the TIB Conti-Campus site are open to a limited number of people Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 15:00; all other TIB sites and reading rooms remain closed. We are still here for you online and by telephone, and our digital services and TIB document delivery are available as usual.
Producers and users of scientific materials place high demands on the information they use in terms of integrity, authenticity, consistency and citation. The TIB has assumed responsibility for the long-term preservation and availability of the digital materials it collects and documents, as well as their interpretability for use by different target groups. To this end, it has created the necessary infrastructure and guarantees the permanent provision of both material and human resources.
TIB digitally preserves objects from various sources, and helps the respective data producers to submit these to the library. This includes
- Grey literature
- German research reports
- Dissertations of the Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Open Access publications
- Open Access available objects of the institutional repository of Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Non-textual media
- Retro-digitised copies produced by the TIB
- USB and CD images
The TIB offers various service components in the context of long-term digital preservation depending on the source material, which take into account the licensing, organizational and technical requirements for the materials.
Services are provided to the following target groups in particular:
- Scientists, lecturers, students at universities, colleges and non-university research institutions
- Employees in non-academic and commercial research
- Archives, museums and infrastructure facilities
- Project sponsors such as the German Research Foundation (DFG) or the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
Our range of services includes
- Advice on the creation of SIP/AIP and the provision of metadata
- Enrichment with metadata from catalog system
- Preparation of an AIP according to the agreement
- Bitstream preservation (archiving without conservation measures)
- Preservation Management (Technology-/Community Watch)
- Preparation of reports and statistics
Please feel free to contact us.