Open Access Funding – A Checklist
There a many ways for financing your Open Access publications when you are a researcher at Leibniz Universität Hannover.
We give you a step-by-step guide to check your options.
Open Access Articles
- Which publisher publishes your journal? Check for existing agreements with publishers.
The TIB pays the open access costs for more than 5,000 journals automatically, based on open access agreements or Read and Publish Deals with the journals' publishers. Find out about existing agreements and how to make use of them.
- Does your article result from a funding project?
Many funders support open access publication, some also offer post-grant funds for completed projects. Check with your funding agency for options.
- Can you make use of LUH's Open Access Fund?
The Open Access Fund pays for articles in gold open access journals - provided that the eligibility criteria are met. See here for more information.
If none of these options are suitable for your project you should consider the following.
- Is it possible to choose another journal for your manuscript, which would be eligible for funding?
- There is also a "green route" to open access: just deposit your final author's version (accepted version) to LUH's repository.
We are happy to help you with your questions. Just get in touch!
Books and Monographs
We will be happy to discuss alternative options for funding your open access book with you individually. Please contact us via phone or e-mail.