Leibniz Universität Hannover's Open Access Publishing Fund provides funding for articles in Open Access journals that charge publication fees (Article Processing Charges, APC).
You can apply for a reimbursement of costs using the online form.
Articles that fulfil the following criteria are eligible for funding.
- The article’s corresponding author is a member of Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH). The affiliation to the LUH is clearly stated in the article.
- The article will be published in a genuine Open Access journal that makes all its articles publicly available under a Creative Commons license at the time of publication (no hybrid journals).
- The article will be published in a journal that has implemented a system of quality management approved within its discipline and that is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- The article’s processing charges (incl. 19% VAT) do not exceed € 2,000. Split invoices are generally not eligible.
The applicant confirms that he or she is not eligible for any other grants or funding to cover the APC.
- If the total costs for your article exceed the maximum funding limit of 2,000 euros including tax, it is worth a try and ask the publisher for a discount! We will be happy to provide you with a letter of confirmation.
- Articles in so-called mirror journals are not eligible for funding, even if they are listed in DOAJ. Mirror Journals are Open Access offshoots of already existing closed access journals and therefore represent a form of hybrid journal.
- Additional costs for rapid peer review, overlength or the like will not be accepted.
- Publications must contain an acknowledgement of the funding: „The publication of this article was funded by the Open Access Publishing Fund of Leibniz Universität Hannover“.
- You can apply for funding as soon as your manuscript has been accepted for publication.
- Being the article's corresponding author you apply for funding using the online form provided on this website.
- The team at the TIB considers all applications according to the funding criteria and in the order of their receipt. This usually takes 1-2 working days.
- If your article meets the funding criteria you will be notified via email. In this mail you will be kindly requested to a) inform your publisher to make the invoice payable to the TIB and b) to add to the acknowledgements a sentence mentioning the LUH's Open Access Publishing Fund.
- The TIB will be handling the invoice for you. Please do not settle the invoice yourself.
If the funding is granted the TIB will pay the APC directly to the publisher. In order to do so the invoice must include the following details:
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB), Welfengarten 1B, 30167 Hannover
Should the specification of a contact person and a telephone number be mandatory, please state:
Tel.:+49 511 762-19859