National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS)
Term of Contract: 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2023
Benefits for researchers at Leibniz Universität Hannover
9 % discount on article processing charges when deciding on an immediate open access publication
For further information on the journal please see here.
Which requirements must be fulfilled?
You have to be a researcher at Leibniz Universität Hannover, submitting the paper as the responsible corresponding author.
What do you have to do?
- Use your LUH e-mail address during the submission process, clearly state your affiliation in the submission form as well as in the article itself.
- Apply the institutional discount via the payment system or send an e-mail to PNASaubillingnasedu.
- Refer to the discount scheme for institutions with current-year licenses ("Leibniz University Hanover" bzw. "Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB/UB)")
- Since PNAS is a hybrid journal articles do not qualify for additional funding via LUH's Open Access Publishing Fund.
- The choice is yours:
- Immediate Open Access: if you opt for immediate publication as an Open Access publication, you will receive a 9% discount on publication fees (for articles up to 12 pages in length), USD 4,975 for CC BY or CC BY-NC-ND
- Delayed Open Access: if you opt for Delayed Open Access, your article will automatically be made freely accessible via PubMed Central after 6 months. The cost here is 2,575 USD for CC BY-NC-ND. You can also publish your article immediately via the Institutional Repository of Leibniz Universität Hannover as part of the embargo-free second publication. To do so, send your accepted manuscript to oafondstibeu. We will then take care of the publication!
- Please note that PNAS and PNAS Nexus are different journals. As PNAS Nexus is a gold open access journal you should apply for funding from LUH's Open Access Publishing Fund provided that the funding criteria are fulfilled.
For more details see PNAS Author Center.