Corona virus: Access only with medical mouth-nose protection, limited access to reading rooms
Please respect the known hygiene rules and prevent long stays in the library!
Open Access transforms many aspects of scientific publishing. TIB offers authors a variety of services to advise authors about their rights and the options open to them, and to support them in the decision-making process concerning publications.
Local training sessions and webinars concerning all aspects of Open Access and scientific publishing can be found under Attending courses.
We cooperate with Human Resources Development at Leibniz Universität Hannover within the Continuing Education Programme. We also cooperate with the Graduate Academy and other facilities at the University, offering various workshops and information events on a regular basis.
If you have any specific questions or problems, contact us whenever it suits you to obtain individual support. As part of our TIBgefragt service, you can book consultation sessions.
We will also be happy to provide consultation sessions and information events at your institute.
We regularly provide information by e-mail about open access activities at Leibniz Universität Hannover and TIB as well as about general trends in the area of Open Access. More
In addition to our range of courses, we also offer various electronic learning materials on the subject of Open Access publishing. More
- A central document on the Open Access definition is the globally supported Berliner Declartion
- Further information on Open Access can also be found on the German-language Information Platform Open Access
- Open Access journals that fulfil certain quality criteria are listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Reviewed scientific and scholarly Open Access books are listed in the irectory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
- A directory of Open Access repositories is the Directory of Open Access Repositories (OpenDOAR)
- Information on Open Access policies and secondary publication rights of publishers can be found at SHERPA/RoMEO
- A search engine specifically for Open Access documents is BASE