In 2013, Leibniz Universität Hannover established a Publishing Fund with support from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation, DFG). University scholars can be granted resources from this fund to cover their Open Access publishing costs.
In order to be reimbursed with publishing costs from Leibniz Universität Hannover’s Open Access Publishing Fund, the following conditions must be met:
- The articles must have been accepted for publication in a journal offering contributions that are fully accessible online to users free of charge immediately upon publication (“real Open Access journal”) and that exercises recognised editorial quality control in the respective field. Journals should be listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- The article processing charges for publications may not exceed € 2,000 per article (including taxes).
- A member of Leibniz Universität Hannover must be responsible for paying the article processing charges in the capacity of 'corresponding author'.
- The responsible member of Leibniz Universität Hannover must confirm that it is not possible to finance the publication from any other source of funding, particularly in the case of the publication of results obtained in third party-funded projects.
- Publications must contain an acknowledgement of the funding: „The publication of this article was funded by the Open Access fund of Leibniz Universität Hannover“.
- The articles must be published in the Leibniz Universität Hannover Institutional Repository after they have been published in the journal. If the article will not be published under a Creative Commons license, the article can only be paid after a publication permit has been submitted. Articles published under a Creative Commons license can be added to the repository by library staff.
- Additional costs for rapid peer review, overlength or the like will not be accepted.
If all of the above criteria are met, the article processing charges may be covered in full, on request, by a fund set up specifically for this purpose at TIB.
The criteria for eligibility do not include articles that can be made accessible online for a fee in parallel with their publication in a subscription-based journal ("hybrid", such as the Springer Open Choice model).
- Article processing charges (APC) for articles in journals published by Copernicus Publications will be settled directly by the library. Please indicate your affiliation with Leibniz Universität Hannover when submitting your article.
- If you would like to publish a high energy physics article in the New Journal of Physics, SCOAP³ may be able to assume the article processing charges (APC). The precondition is that the article is posted in the main category "HEP" (hep-ex, hep-th, hep-ph or hep-lat with arXiv) prior to submission to the publishing company.
- Please make sure that all invoices issued towards the end of the year are submitted in good time. Articles must be published in the year in which they were financed from the budget.
- Please first refer to the criteria for eligibility to check whether your publication is eligible for funding from Leibniz Universität Hannover’s Open Access Publishing Fund.
- If your publication meets the eligibility conditions, you can apply for a reimbursement of costs using the online form. We will let you know immediately whether you can expect your costs to be reimbursed (this depends on the amount available in the fund, among other things).
- Please refer to the support in the acknowledgements section of your publication (see above for the wording).
- Please ask the publishing company to issue the invoice for your article processing charges to the following invoice recipient: TIB, Welfengarten 1 B, 30167 Hannover, Germany.
- Please send us the invoice as soon as you receive it, together with the complete article including, where available, bibliographic information such as the volume, page number or digital object identifier.
- We will settle your invoice with the publishing company.
- Reference will be made to the supported publication on our website and via other channels.
You can apply for a reimbursement of costs using the online form.
Here is a list of all publications that have received funding from Leibniz Universität Hannover’s Open Access Publishing Fund: