Research focus and projects in the field of Data Science & Digital Libraries
The research group Data Science & Digital Libraries develops methods and techniques for the semantic networking of data, information and knowledge and implements them in technologies and services for the different user groups of the TIB.
The research group deals in particular with the following topics:
- Semantic Technologies and Linked Data, Knowledge Representation and Knowledge Management
- Digitisation of society, science and business, data spaces, data value chains
- Big Data, Internet of Things, Data Integration for Industry 4.0
- E-Science, Science Governance, Peer Review, Open Access, Digital Libraries
Application domains are Digital Libraries, Enterprise Data Integration, Industry 4.0, Smart Cities, Digital Humanities.
The extensive and heterogeneous TIB database offers a wide range of application and transfer possibilities for these research projects. The research topics are closely related to TIB services and products.
- H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network: WDAqua Answering Questions using Web Data (Koordinator Prof. Auer, Laufzeit, 01/2015-12/2018)
- H2020: SlideWiki – Large-scale pilots for collaborative OpenCourseWare authoring, multiplatform delivery and Learning Analytics (Koordinator Prof. Auer, Laufzeit 01/2016-12/2018)
- H2020: IASIS Big Data for Precision Medicine (Laufzeit 04/2017-04/2020)
- BMBF: InclusiveOCW – Inklusive kollaborative Erstellung und Nutzung von OpenCourseWare in der Berufsförderung von Menschen mit Seheinschränkung (Geplanter Beginn 12/2017)
We would like to give you an insight into our current research and development work: TIB Labs offer experimental services, beta versions as well as prototypes that are not (yet) in regular operation at TIB.
- dokieli is a clientside editor for decentralised article publishing, annotations and social interactions
- OpenResearch OpenResearch is a semantic wiki to make information about scientific events, research groups, tools, journals etc. more accessible
- SlideWiki is a platform that allows the collaborative creation, expansion, actualisation, modification and discovery of slide decks as Open Educational Resources (OER)
Research groups for young researchers
The following research groups for young researchers are currently being set up:
- Scientific Knowledge Engineering
- Knowledge Infrastructures
- Learning and Skill Analytics
- Federated Research Data Management
Joint Lab Data Science & Open Knowledge
Research on these topics will partly take place within the framework of the Joint Lab Data Science & Open Knowledge, which is currently being set up.
The Joint Lab will be established together with the Leibniz Universität Hannover, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and the L3S Research Center.