At the TIB Technik/Naturwissenschaften (Science/Technology), TIB Sozialwissenschaften (Social Sciences) and TIB Conti-Campus sites, lending and returning items (Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 15:00) and registration (Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00) is possible. The reading rooms at the TIB Conti-Campus site are open to a limited number of people Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 15:00; all other TIB sites and reading rooms remain closed. We are still here for you online and by telephone, and our digital services and TIB document delivery are available as usual.
The research group Data Science & Digital Libraries develops methods and techniques for the semantic networking of data, information and knowledge and implements them in technologies and services for the different user groups of the TIB.
The research group deals in particular with the following topics:
- Semantic Technologies and Linked Data, Knowledge Representation and Knowledge Management
- Digitisation of society, science and business, data spaces, data value chains
- Big Data, Internet of Things, Data Integration for Industry 4.0
- E-Science, Science Governance, Peer Review, Open Access, Digital Libraries
Application domains are Digital Libraries, Enterprise Data Integration, Industry 4.0, Smart Cities, Digital Humanities.
The extensive and heterogeneous TIB database offers a wide range of application and transfer possibilities for these research projects. The research topics are closely related to TIB services and products.
- ScienceGraph (05/2019-04/2024)
- STREAM - Semantic representation, networking and curation of quality-assured material data (08/2019-07/2022)
- BRIDGE-US - Big Data Made in Germany inspiring the US (06/2019-11/2020)
- BOOST 4.0 Big Data Value Spaces for COmpetitiveness of European COnnected Smart FacTories 4.0 (01/2018-12/2020)
- H2020: IASIS Big Data for Precision Medicine (04/2017-04/2020)
- H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network: WDAqua Answering Questions using Web Data (Koordinator Prof. Auer, 01/2015-12/2018)
- H2020: SlideWiki – Large-scale pilots for collaborative OpenCourseWare authoring, multiplatform delivery and Learning Analytics (Koordinator Prof. Auer, 01/2016-12/2018)
We would like to give you an insight into our current research and development work: TIB Labs offer experimental services, beta versions as well as prototypes that are not (yet) in regular operation at TIB.
- dokieli is a clientside editor for decentralised article publishing, annotations and social interactions
- OpenResearch OpenResearch is a semantic wiki to make information about scientific events, research groups, tools, journals etc. more accessible
- SlideWiki is a platform that allows the collaborative creation, expansion, actualisation, modification and discovery of slide decks as Open Educational Resources (OER)
Some of the research on these topics takes place within the framework of the Joint Lab Data Science & Open Knowledge.
The Joint Lab will be established together with Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH), the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and the L3S Research Center of LUH.