Corona virus: Access only with medical mouth-nose protection, limited access to reading rooms
Please respect the known hygiene rules and prevent long stays in the library!
Knowledge Infrastructures are “robust networks of people, artifacts, and institutions that generate, share, and maintain specific knowledge about the human and natural worlds” (Edwards, 2010). Covering concepts, implementations and applications, the TIB Knowledge Infrastructures Research Group advances software artifacts in their ability to support researchers in the generation, sharing, and maintenance of scientific knowledge.
- Markus Stocker, Manuel Prinz, Fatemeh Rostami, and Tibor Kempf (2018). Towards research infrastructures that curate scientific information: A use case in life sciences. In Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Data Integration in the Life Sciences, November 20-21, Hannover, Germany. (Accepted)
- Markus Stocker, Pauli Paasonen, Markus Fiebig, Martha A Zaidan, and Alex Hardisty (2018). Curating Scientific Information in Knowledge Infrastructures. Data Science Journal, 17:21. https://doi.org/10.5334/dsj-2018-021
- Markus Stocker, Markus Fiebig, and Alex Hardisty (2018). A Missing Link from Data to Knowledge: Infrastructure that Curate the Meaning of Data. In Proceedings of the Göttingen-CODATA RDM Symposium 2018 on the critical role of university RDM infrastructure in transforming data to knowledge, Göttingen, Germany, March 18-20. https://conference.codata.org/2018_Goettingen_RDM/sessions/66/paper/286/
- Markus Stocker (2017). Advancing the Software Systems of Environmental Knowledge Infrastructures. In Abad Chabbi and Henry W. Loescher (Eds.), Terrestrial Ecosystem Research Infrastructures: Challenges and Opportunities, pp. 399–423. Taylor & Francis Group, CRC Press. ISBN: 9781498751315 https://doi.org/10.1201/9781315368252-16
- Markus Stocker (2017). From Data to Machine Readable Information Aggregated in Research Objects. D-Lib Magazine, 23(1/2). https://doi.org/10.1045/january2017-stocker
- Markus Stocker, Jussi Nikander, Hanna Huitu, Marja Jalli, Markku Koistinen, Mauno Rönkkö, and Mikko Kolehmainen (2016). Representing Situational Knowledge for Disease Outbreaks in Agriculture. Journal of Agricultural Informatics, 7(2):29-39. https://doi.org/10.17700/jai.2016.7.2.290
- Markus Stocker, Mauno Rönkkö, and Mikko Kolehmainen (2016). Knowledge-based environmental research infrastructure: moving beyond data. Earth Science Informatics, 9(1):47-65. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12145-015-0230-6
- Markus Stocker, Elham Baranizadeh, Harri Portin, Mika Komppula, Mauno Rönkkö, Amar Hamed, Annele Virtanen, Kari Lehtinen, Ari Laaksonen, and Mikko Kolehmainen (2014). Representing situational knowledge acquired from sensor data for atmospheric phenomena. Environmental Modelling & Software, 58:27-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2014.04.006
- Markus Stocker, Mauno Rönkkö, and Mikko Kolehmainen (2014). Situational Knowledge Representation for Traffic Observed by a Pavement Vibration Sensor Network. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 15(4):1441-1450. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2013.2296697
- TIB, 2018. Open Research Knowledge Graph.
- European Commission, H2020, 2015. Environmental Research Infrastructures Providing Shared Solutions for Science and Society, ENVRIplus, Project ID: 654182, 01-05-2015 - 30-04-2019.