Prof. Dr. Ralph Ewerth (TIB)
EU (Horizon 2020, MSCA ITN
January 2019 – December 2022
The project CLEOPATRA is a European network of 15 PhD candidates, who will research and develop innovative methods for efficient and intuitive user access to and interaction with multilingual information. These developments will yield an Event-centric Open Analytics Knowledge Graph.
It offers a unique interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral research and training programme, which will explore how we can begin to analyse and understand the major events that influence and shape our lives and our societies.
With a rapidly increasing degree of integration among the European countries, a rising number of events and topics strongly impact the European community and the European digital economy across language and country borders. This development results in a vast amount of event-centric multilingual information available from different communities and heterogeneous sources. This information can differ across the sources with respect to its localisation, potentially reflecting specific community-relevant aspects, containing cultural references and opinions as well as possibly incomplete or biased data. The main research objective of the Cleopatra ITN is to enable effective and efficient analytics of event-centric multilingual information spread across heterogeneous sources to deliver analytics results in the way meaningful to the users, with a particular focus on the journalists, digital humanities researchers and memory institutions.
- L3S Research Center – Leibniz University of Hannover: Dr. Elena Demidova, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Nejdl;
- University of Southampton: Prof. Dr. Elena Simperl
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn: Prof. Dr. Jens Lehmann
- University of London: Prof. Dr. Jane Winters
- Institut Jozef Stefan: Dr. Marko Grobelnik
- Universiteit van Amsterdam: Prof. Dr. Richard Rogers
- Sveuciliste u Zagrebu Filozofski Fakultet – University of Zagreb: Prof. Dr. Marko Tadić
- A Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia: Dr. Daniel Gomes
- Wolters Kluwer Deutschland GmbH: Christian Dirschl Jožef Stefan
- International Postgraduate School: Prof. Dr. Dunja Mladenić
- The British Library Board: Ian Cooke, Jason Webber
- The National Archives: John Sheridan, Tom Storrar
- Ontotext AD: Nikola Tulechk
- The Slovenian Press Agency: Aljoša Rehar
- VICO Research & Consulting GmbH: Philipp Tiedt
- Tilde: Prof. Inguna Skadiņa