Karl Heinz Schmitt, DNB
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
In DP4lib, various application scenarios in digital preservation were initially evaluated and then tested for their technical visual representation; thereafter they were implemented in a modular fashion in such a way that they can then be offered as services to the partners.
In addition to the technical demands which are needed to support the system communication with its automatic processes, organisational issues were worked on and these range from the development of suitable business processes to subordinate business models. Against this background, the development of a generic procedure model was planned which was acting as a definitive guide for the infrastructure’s libraries and institutions. This had implications for the selection of a suitable business model and the pragmatic integration of the whole subject of digital preservation into other business processes, as well as for the selected system itself.
The following objectives were individually implement
- Prototypical setting-up of a flexible infrastructure for digital preservation for cultural heritage organisations
- Targeted technical extension of the existing solution in accordance with the partners’ demands
- The development of a reusable procedure model and the ensuing guidelines for entry into digital preservation
- A business model concept
Folgende Ziele sollten im Einzelnen umgesetzt werden:
- Prototypischer Aufbau einer flexiblen Infrastruktur zur Langzeitarchivierung für Gedächtnisorganisationen
- gezielte technische Erweiterung der existierenden Lösung aufgrund der Partneranforderungen
- Erarbeitung eines nachnutzbaren Vorgehensmodells und eines darauf aufsetzenden Handlungsleitfadens für den Einstieg in die Langzeitarchivierung
- Konzeption eines Geschäftsmodells