Consortium for research data on material and immaterial cultural heritage
Prof. Dr. Ina Blümel
Lambert Heller, Lucia Sohmen, Simon Worthington, André Castro
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft – German Research Foundation (DFG)
October 2020 - September 2025
NFDI4Culture aims to improve the research data infrastructure in the fields of musicology, art history and architecture, performance, theater, film and media studies together with the respective scientific communities. All important phases in the research data lifecycle are included: data capture and enrichment, publication, analysis and re-use. The process is accompanied by legal advice. In addition, training concepts for further qualification are developed.
The consortium is part of the National Research Data Infrastructure funded by the DFG. In addition to the TIB, eight other institutions are involved.
- Development of complementary environments for collaborative and automated enrichment of non-textual cultural data → Set up a modular, reusable tool set for user interactions with annotations in image, 3D and other research data
- Integration of relevant data publication services into the NFDI4Culture infrastructure → Development of a collaborative writing and publishing toolset
- Linked Open Data 4Culture → Implementation of the NFDI4Culture knowledge graph: Set up and permanent operation of a Wikibase instance
- Philipps-Universität Marburg
- Akademie der Wissenschaften und der Literatur Mainz
- SLUB Dresden
- Universität zu Köln
- FIZ Karlsruhe
- SPK Berlin
- Universität Paderborn
- Universitätsbibliothek Heidelberg
Further associated partners see: https://nfdi4culture.de/consortium.html
TIB would like to thank the Federal Government and the Heads of Government of the Länder, as well as the Joint Science Conference (GWK), for their funding and support within the framework of the NFDI4Culture consortium. Funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) - project number 441958017.