As a real and virtual Patent Information Centre (PIZ) in Lower Saxony, TIB is a recognised regional cooperation partner of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office.
Above all, members of the university, founders, and small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) are provided with advice, both locally and online, about industrial property rights and patents. The aim of this advice, which enhances information competence, is to encourage higher education institutions and SMEs to conduct innovation activities.
- Local support, particularly in the Patents and Standards Reading Room, as well as online support in searching high-quality patent databases and literature databases
- Simple searches and patent analyses - no monitoring of industrial property rights
- Comprehensive literature on industrial property rights and copyright
- Information about industrial property rights information management, as well as the appraisal and utilisation of intellectual property rights
- Information events about industrial property rights and patents