The European Documentation Centre (EDC) in Hannover was established in 1979 as one of 32 EDCs in Germany. It ceased its service on 1 April 2022.
The EDC continues to offer students, teaching staff and citizens access to European Union (EU) publications and documents. These include
- The Official Journal of the EU
- Case-law collection
- Commission documents
- Publications from the EU Publications Office.
The documents are available in electronic, printed or DVD form.
Freely available electronic publications of the European Union in the field of economics since 1981 can be found in the TIB portal via the EU Bookshop data source.
Printed publications are available for use in the Economics Reading Room (map of the Economics Reading Room (PDF)) and in the Periodicals Reading Room at the TIB Conti-Campus site. They are also listed in the TIB portal and some of them can be borrowed.
The following EU databases are also freely available on the web:
The European Documentation Centres have published a tutorial on EU information sources and databases. In this tutorial
- you will find an overview of relevant EU information sources and databases,
- you get links to these resources,
- you will learn through video tutorials how to search the individual databases,
- you can find out more about the EDZ service and the contact persons in your area.
The EDZ at the University Library of Mannheim offers a guideto the most important EU databases (only in Germany): Wo finde ich EU-Informationen? EU-Datenbanken im Überblick (PDF, Oct. 2018)