Why are data sovereignty and data-based business models of great importance for the competitiveness of the German and international economy? How can data exchange between companies be supported along the value chain?
The International Data Spaces (IDS) will be providing answers to these questions. IDS will be the main focus of the webinar and industry event, to which you are invited by the TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology and the L3S Research Centre in the premises of TIB. The industry event will establish the framework for the foundation of the "IDS Competence Center" at the L3S Research Center.
In the opening keynote, Prof. Dr. Boris Otto, Deputy Chairman of the Board of the International Data Spaces Association, will present “IDS as a smart data infrastructure for future AI applications”.
Keynote speeches from industry and science will showcase how the IDS data architecture supports the safe data exchange and enables the potential for creating new value. Applications from the automotive industry and industry 4.0 will be presented: Dr. Michael Nolting will present the potential of AI for the automotive industry, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Berend Denkena will give a talk on data integration in industry 4.0, Dr. Sebastian Tramp will give a speech on semantic data representation in IDS.
Prof. Dr. Sören Auer will give a talk from a research perspective: Boost 4.0 is the largest European research project on Big Data in Industry 4.0. In the Boost 4.0 project, a European industrial data space is being set up to help the manufacturing industry use Big Data and thus increase its competitiveness.
IIP-Ecosphere is developing an AI ecosystem, aiming thus to link industry, SMEs and research.
The foundation of the IDSA Competence Center at the L3S Research Center marks the end of the event. The Competence Center will exchange best practices, work on concrete use cases as well as offer training and the IDS data architecture as a basis for new AI applications.
- Prof. Dr. Sören Auer is the Director of TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology. He leads the Research Group Data Science and Digital Libraries.
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Berend Denkena is the Director of IFW, the Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Machine Tools at Leibniz University Hannover.
- Dr. Michael Nolting is the Head of Digital Services & Data Analytics at Volkswagen AG.
- Prof. Dr. Boris Otto is Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board of IDSA and Managing Director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Software and Systems Engineering.
- Dr. Sebastian Tramp is the Chief Technology Officer of eccenca GmbH.
Industry event “International Data Spaces for Industry 4.0” with founding of the IDS Competence Center
Date: 19 June 2019, 15:00 to 18:00
Location: TIB Technik/Naturwissenschaften (Science/Technology), lecture room
Registration until 11 June 2019 (Participation is free of charge): https://events.tib.eu/transfer/registrierung/