As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research in science and industry. Our services as a university library secure the local supply for the Leibniz University Hannover.
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology – Program Area B, User and Information Services, is looking to employ a
Software Developer PHP / Open Journal Systems (m/f/d)
to work in its publishing services. The position is limited to one year. The regular weekly working time is 39.8 hours (full-time). The position is generally suitable for part-time work. Depending on the qualification (Bachelor or Master), the remuneration is based on pay scale group 12 or 13 TV-L.
TIB is building a new publication platform for conference publications and journals based on open source technologies. The platform is geared to modern user expectations and current technical possibilities. It will fulfil essential requirements for Open Access publications for conference publications. The platform will be tested in a permanent quality and further development process, adapted to changing requirements and optimised for the important function in the academic publication process.
- development of new functionalities of the publishing software
- development of technical adaptations of the publication software
- participation in the technical implementation of the platform including configuration, testing of new features and technical adaptation of workflows and interfaces
- continuous further development of the platform architecture
- completed university studies (Bachelor/FH diploma or Master/University diploma or equivalent), preferably in computer science or a related field
- experience in setting up, maintaining and operating digital services
- agile, goal- and solution-oriented approach with proven implementation skills
- knowledge in the development, customisation and configuration of web applications
- very good experience with software development in PHP
- communication and cooperation skills
- good command of English
- good command of German
- experience with academic publication software, preferably with Open Journal Systems
- experience with (international) cooperation in software projects
- willingness to develop and implement own concepts and ideas
What we offer
- a modern workplace in a central location of Hanover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment
- comprehensive and intensive training in an interesting, varied and future-oriented field of activity
- flexible working hours (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life such as mobile work
- an employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL)
- discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to Marco Tullney, head of Publishing Services, by mail at marco.tullneytibeu or to Dulip Withanage by mail at dulip.withanagetibeu.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application.
Paper applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your complete application documents with the subject 35/2021 before June 14, 2021 addressed to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Frau Julia Komnick
Welfengarten 1 B
or alternatively as a single PDF document file to bewerbungtibeu. For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is with around 550 employees one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
- Acting in the capacity of the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature.
- Carrying out cutting edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology.
- Offer library services for the Leibniz University Hannover.
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions, and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life. It wants to promote equal career opportunities for women and men in particular and therefore urges qualified women to apply.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment. We welcome applications from all nationalities.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
Please indicate in the subject line of your application through which job board you became aware of our offer.