The Open Science Lab (OSL) of the Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) - German National Library of Science and Technology explores the evolution towards digital, open and collaborative science. It also supports scientific communities by jointly developing and testing methods and software tools that are conducive to research activities. The team is assigned to Programme Area C - Research and Development.
Within the context of extended support of the strategic Leibniz Research Alliance Science 2.0 by the Leibniz Association, the Open Science Lab is seeking to fill the following position in the team, to start as soon as possible:
Open Science Blog Editor
Depending on the successful candidate’s qualification (Bachelor’s/Master’s degree), the pay scale grouping will be E 12 or E 13 TV-L.
The position is initially limited to a fixed term of two years; further employment is envisaged. The working week is 39.8 hours (full-time); the position is generally suitable for part-time employment.
You will support the OSL team in the following areas:
- The leading conceptual design of an English-language online platform “Open Science” for the Leibniz Research Alliance Science 2.0, possibly in connection with existing international services (Open Science initiatives, blogging platforms, etc.)
- Independent development of an international contributor network for the platform, editing of written contributions and, possibly, the production of audio and video contributions
- Independent development of the platform, including branding and transition into operation, with the support of TIB’s IT and Marketing departments, among others
- Development and coordination of the platform’s Editorial Board
- A university degree, preferably in a subject related to (Science) Journalism or Media
- Level C1 English language skills or English as a mother tongue
- A basic knowledge of German would be useful
- Proven commitment to social media, copywriting for the internet and, ideally, web video
- Enthusiasm for topics such as the digital production of scientific work, open science, data science, digital trends in teaching and research, the debate and policy of Open Access
- Good communication, cross-cultural and contact skills
- A confident appearance and excellent rhetorical skills
- A knowledge of editorial work using content management systems (e.g. Wordpress) would be advantageous
- The successful candidate will be expected to go on business trips in the context of (European) events
Interested candidates may call Mr. Heller (OSL Team Leader) on +49 511 762 5348 or send an email to lambert.hellertibeu to find out more about the area of work.
TIB provides ideal working conditions, and continuously takes action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Complete applications should be send with the subject 24/2017 before 7th June 2017 to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
Please submit your electronic application in PDF format as a single merged file to bewerbungtibeu.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned.
Application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.