Within the framework of the project "Reference implementation for open scientometric information" (ROSI), funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), new views and visualizations of freely licensed conventional and alternative metrics (Altmetrics) are to be tested and their effect on the target groups of research and science administration examined.
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology – Program Area C, Research and Development, Open Science Lab (OSL) is looking to employ a
Software Developer for the ROSI project
to start as soon as possible. Depending on the successful candidate’s qualification (Bachelor’s / Master’s degree), the pay scale grouping will be E 12 or E 13 TV-L.
The position is limited to a fixed term of 2 years. The working week is 39.8 hours (full-time); the position is generally suitable for part-time work.
- Independent processing of high complexity programming tasks in the field of bibliometrics with the research information system VIVO, including conception, administration
- Documentation of the project and preparation for reuse by third parties
- Evaluation of data sources (APIs) for bibliometric and other information
- Data aggregation and integration
- Conceptual and creative cooperation in new projects of the OSL
- University degree (Bachelor, Master or equivalent) preferably in computer science, information management, information science or comparable fields with focus on software development
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience with software development projects, preferably in the field of web-based applications and linked (open) data
- Proven knowledge in the visualization of information
- Good knowledge of data aggregation, integration and transformation
- Experience with APIs, including JSON
- High degree of self-organisation, experience in working independently, solution orientation, initiative and team spirit
- Focus on user-centered design, usability and user experience
- Interest in working in the field of research and library
- Active English skills
- Willingness to travel on business
- Good knowledge of Python, HTML and CSS
- Good knowledge in the use of SPARQL, XML and RDF
- Solid knowledge in the administration of Linux-based systems
- Interest in the use and maintenance of open source software, and software development in communities using GitHub etc.
Interested candidates may call Mr. Heller (OSL Team Leader) on +49 511 762 5348 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the area of work.
Complete applications should be send with the subject 24/2018 until 13 July 2018 to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
Please submit your electronic application in PDF format as a single merged file to bewerbungtibeu.
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is one of the largest technical information centers in Germany, having three main functions:
- Acting in the capacity of the German National Library of Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature.
- Carrying out cutting edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology.
- Offer library services for the Leibniz University Hannover.
The Open Science Lab (OSL) of the Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology explores the evolution towards digital, open and collaborative science. It also supports scientific communities by jointly developing and testing methods and software tools that are conducive to research activities. The team is assigned to Programme Area C – Research and Development.
TIB provides ideal working conditions, and continuously takes action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned.
Application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.