Acting in the capacity of the German National Library of Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature. The services we offer in our capacity as a University Library ensure that Leibniz Universität Hannover is provided with items locally.
The Open Science Lab (OSL) of the Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology explores the evolution towards digital, open and collaborative science. It also supports scientific communities by jointly developing and testing methods and software tools that are conducive to research activities. The team is assigned to Programme Area C, Research and Development.
The Open Science Lab is looking to employ a
Software Developer for IT Development
to start as soon as possible.
Depending on the successful candidate’s qualification (Bachelor/Master), the pay scale grouping will be E 12 or E 13 TV-L.
The position is limited to a fixed term of two years. The working week is 39.8 hours (full-time); the position is generally suitable for part-time employment.
You will support IT Development in completing tasks in the OSL team in the following areas:
- Independent handling of highly complex programming tasks in the environment of the current research information system VIVO, including conceptual design, administration and documentation
- Conceptual and creative collaboration in new OSL projects
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Science or a similar subject area, specialising in Software Development (Bachelor, Master or Diplom)
- Profound knowledge and proven experience in software development projects, preferably in the environment of web-based applications and linked (open) data
- Good knowledge and experience in Java
- A high level of self-organisation, experience in working independently, solution orientation, initiative and the ability to work in a team
- Active knowledge of the English language
- Willingness to undertake business trips
- Solid knowledge of administrating Linux-based systems
- Good knowledge in the use of SPARQL, XML and RDF
- Interest in working in the research and library environment
- Interest in the use and maintenance of open source software and software development in communities using GitHub, etc.
Interested candidates may call Mr. Heller (OSL Team Leader) on +49 511 762-5348 or send an email to lambert.hellertibeu to find out more about the area of work.
TIB is a public-law foundation of the Federal State of Lower Saxony. It is one of Germany’s largest information infrastructure facilities, with around 500 employees and a budget of some €40 million.
You will have the opportunity to work in a highly dynamic environment. The rapid increase in scientific digital information, the ever-growing variety of media types and formats produced, and the growing demands and needs of our customers necessitate innovative information services. Steps taken by TIB to meet these new demands include conducting its own research and development projects in an international context, offering innovative publishing services, and promoting scientific communication processes. As such, we contribute to further developing our modern society, which is based on information and knowledge, innovation and creativity.
Please send your complete application with the subject 59/2017 before 5 January 2018 to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
or send your complete application by email to bewerbungtibeu. Please do not send emails larger than 10 MB.
TIB provides ideal working conditions, and continuously takes action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned.
Application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.