As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research in science and industry. Our services as a university library secure the local supply for the Leibniz University Hannover.
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology – Program Area B, user and information services, is looking for a
Staff member Open Access Publication Services (m/f/d)
This is a permanent position with a weekly working time of 39.80 hours (full-time). The position is generally suitable for part-time work. The remuneration is based on pay scale group 9b TV-L, depending on the qualifications.
TIB operates the open access publisher TIB Open Publishing. This service offers professional publishing options for scholarly journals and conference proceedings and is part of the library's strategic open access orientation.
You will work in the field of TIB Open Publishing, an Open Access publisher aimed at national and international target groups. You will support customers, in particular the editors of journals and conference proceedings as well as authors and reviewers, and contribute to the production of the publications.
Your activities include
- Customer service/first level support
- Production/typesetting of publications
- Control of publication metadata
- Dissemination of content, support of external indexing
- Contributing to the further development of the publishing platform and the editorial workflows
- Supporting the acquisition of new users
- Completed university studies (Bachelor’s degree or FH diploma), e. g. Bachelor of Information Management
- Knowledge of bibliographic standards and formats
- Knowledge of mark-up languages (e. g. XML)
- Accuracy in work and an eye for detail
- Strong communication skills and sense of responsibility
- Customer-oriented attitude and ability to work independently
- Interest in learning the OJS workflow
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Very good knowledge of German and English
Desirable additions to your profile
- Knowledge of the scholarly publishing landscape
- Knowledge of tasks and activities in academic editing and proofreading processes
What we offer
Our offer is characterized by innovative workflows, a strong orientation towards publishing standards as well as free software and a focus on APC-free open access publications. With an ambitious team, we pursue this goal in a varied environment and offer diverse opportunities for further development.
Furthermore, we offer
- a modern workplace in a central location of Hannover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment
- a comprehensive and intensive induction
- flexible working time models (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life such as mobile work and remote work options
- an employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL)
- discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to Dr. Xenia van Edig, Open Access Platform Manager, by mail at xenia.van.edigtibeu.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application.
Paper applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your complete application documents with the subject 30/2023 before June 09, 2023 addressed to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Frau Julia Komnick
Welfengarten 1 B
or alternatively as a single PDF document file to bewerbungtibeu. For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
In the case of foreign university degrees, it is mandatory to submit a Statement of Comparability from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) for the final assessment of the hiring requirements during the hiring process (link for more information). A fee will be charged for this. This obligation does not apply if the foreign university degree has already been assessed by an expert and is listed in the ANABIN database of the ZAB as an equivalent university degree (link to ANABIN database).
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is with around 600 employees one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
- Acting in the capacity of the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature.
- Carrying out cutting edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology.
- Offer library services for the Leibniz University Hannover.
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions, and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment. We welcome applications from all nationalities.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
Please indicate in the subject line of your application through which job board you became aware of our offer.