As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research in science and industry. Our services as a university library secure the local supply for the Leibniz University Hannover.
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology – Program Area A, being Content Development and Metadata, is looking to employ a
Digital Preservation Curator / Content Manager for TIB Repositories (m/f/d)
The position is unlimited. The regular weekly working time is 39.8 hours (full-time). The position is conditionally suitable for part-time work. The remuneration is based on pay scale group 9b TV-L.
- Conduct completeness and quality assurance checks for data packages from various sources (DSpace, OJS, semi-automatic downloads) after transfer to the digital archive.
- Conduct completeness and quality assurance checks for metadata from various data sources.
- Conduct metadata comparisons and versioned updates for metadata in the digital archive.
- Generate regular statistic reports for data contained in the digital archive.
- Contribute to an interface to preserved data carrier images to be used by document delivery.
- Check and work on corrupted files and consult library teams in handling of such data.
- Participate in pre-ingest analysis of data (file format identification, file format validation, analysis of corrupted files).
- Participate in ingest processes of data into the Digital Long-Term Archive.
- Successfully completed university degree (Diploma/Bachelor of Information Management or Librarianship or Digital Humanities, graduate librarian).
- Experience handling digital objects of different file formats (e.g. text, 2D/3D, AV).
- Extensive knowledge of different metadata standards (Dublin Core, METS, MODS, MARC etc.).
- High affinity for technology.
- Proven ability to work self-reliant and independent.
- Proven ability to work in a team.
- English language skills (written and spoken).
Desirable additions to your profile
- Knowledge of digital long-term archiving strategies.
- Experience with file format analysis tools (e.g. DROID, Siegfried, JHOVE, veraPDF).
- Experience with repository systems (e.g. DSpace, OJS) as well as digital preservation systems (e.g. Rosetta, Preservica, ARchivematica).
- Experience working with scripts for processing large file sets (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl).
What we offer
- A modern workplace in a central location of Hannover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment.
- Comprehensive and intensive training.
- Flexible working time models (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life such as mobile work and remote work options.
- An employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL).
- Discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover.
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to Micky Lindlar by telephone on +49 (0)511 762-19826 or by mail at michelle.lindlartibeu.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application.
Paper applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your complete application documents with the subject 9/2023 before March 27, 2023 addressed to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Frau Lilli Stickel
Welfengarten 1 B
or alternatively as a single PDF document file to bewerbungtibeu. For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
In the case of foreign university degrees, it is mandatory to submit a Statement of Comparability from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) for the final assessment of the hiring requirements during the hiring process (link for more information). A fee will be charged for this. This obligation does not apply if the foreign university degree has already been assessed by an expert and is listed in the ANABIN database of the ZAB as an equivalent university degree (link to ANABIN database).
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is with around 600 employees one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
- Acting in the capacity of the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature.
- Carrying out cutting edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology.
- Offer library services for the Leibniz University Hannover.
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions, and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life. It is particularly keen to promote professional equality between women and men and therefore strongly encourages qualified men to apply.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment. We welcome applications from all nationalities.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
Please indicate in the subject line of your application through which job board you became aware of our offer.
View this job advertisement as a PDF.