The TIB commits itself – and thus also its employees – in various policies and guidelines to open science, Open Access, sustainable handling of data, clear and uniform designation of the TIB as well as to gender-neutral language.
- TIB Open Access Policy: TIB's commitment to Open Access and to supporting its employees in Open Access publishing
- TIB Preservation Policy: TIB's commitment to maintaining the long-term availability of its holdings
- Guidelines on research data management and open data publication at the TIB: TIB emphasises the importance of research data in the scientific knowledge process and the potential of its subsequent use
- TIB Affiliation Policy: Guidelines for all TIB employees on the clear and uniform designation of the TIB to ensure that publications are recorded correctly and completely for the benefit of authors and TIB
- Gender-neutral language at the TIB: The TIB formulates its texts in a gender-sensitive manner in order to make the diverse gender realities of life visible and to address all genders