Corona virus: Access only with medical mouth-nose protection, limited access to reading rooms
Please respect the known hygiene rules and prevent long stays in the library!
Strategic partnerships and global networking are essential requirements for ensuring the library’s future viability. In the context of its internationalisation strategy, TIB collaborates with scientific libraries and research institutions on projects to create new services and to further develop existing ones. The shared goal: to provide optimal support to scientists from teaching and research, business and industry in their work processes.
As an active member of committees and working groups in networks and alliances, we establish our core competencies and experts and place our own topics on the science policy agenda. Thus we help shape future developments. Our areas of expertise include research data management, handling non-textual materials, information provision and digital preservation.
TIB collaborates on projects with more then 50 project partners throughout the world. Here is a selection of active cooperative activities and memberships:
- DataCite e. V.: an international consortium on research data management, founded in 2009 by TIB and various partners
- European Patent Office (EPO), PATLIB centre
- Information Library Complex of Saint Petersburg, State Polytechnical University, Saint Petersburg: various information provision projects since 2014
- National Science Library, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Beijing: various information provision projects since 2004
- New Media Consortium (NMC): cooperation project with ETH LIbrary and the University of Applied Sciences HTW Chur and the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) (since 2017) involving the creation of the NMC Horizon Report Library Edition 2014, 2015 and 2017
- TechLib: a network of leading technology libraries in Europe (TIB, TU Delft Library, Technical Information Center of Denmark) that has been in existence since 2005
- Facilitating Open Science Training for European Research (FOSTER): promotion of the series of online seminars “CoScience – Collaborative research and publishing via the web” (2014 and 2015)
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- International Association of University Libraries (IATUL)
- Library for Natural Sciences of Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
- Association of European Research Libraries (LIBER)
- National Institute of Informatics (NII), Tokyo
- Open Preservation Foundation (OPF)
- Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID)
- Russian National Public Library for Sciences and Technology, Moscow
- Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics (SCOAP3)
- The International Council for Scientific and Technical Information (ICSTI)
- WorldWideScience Alliance
- Leibniz Association: as a member of the Leibniz Association, TIB is involved in various research alliances and working groups.
- Leibniz Research Alliance Open Science: TIB is a founder member. Key activities in research include the new working habits of researchers, user behaviour research and technological development.
- TU9: alliance of the nine leading institutes of technology in Germany
- Hochschule Hannover – University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HsH)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutscher Patentinformationszentren e. V. (PIZnet)
- Coalition for Action Copyright for Education and Research
- German Initiative for Networked Information (DINI e. V.)
- German Library Association (dbv)
- German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA), Patent Information Centre
- L3S research centre, Hannover
- FIZ Karlsruhe – Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure
- nestor – the German competence network for digital preservation
- Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
- WTI-Frankfurt eG – scientific-technological information
- Erfinderzentrum Norddeutschland GmbH (EZN)
- Common Library Network (GBV)
- Hannover Online Library System (HOBSY): alliance of scientific libraries in Hannover
- Hannover Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK )
- Leibniz Universität Hannover: TIB provides members of Leibniz Universität Hannover with literature and information
- Technik-Salon: a cultural platform for technology co-founded by TIB